This section tells about different Visa for France (and for Palace of Versailles) and France visa requirements (excluded overseas departments and french territories), depending on wich country you travel from, the purpose of your trip and the length of your stay.
Do you need visa to France from Uk or USA ?
A visa from Inde to France?
- France Visa Information
- Tourist Visa for France : Short stays
- Tourist Visa for France : Long stays
- Getting a Visa for France
France is part of the Schengen area.
The Schengen area includes the territory of the following European Union countries and associated countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.
Several factors determine whether a visa is waived:
Germany, Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Danmark, spanish,Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italia, Ireland, Lettonia, Lithuanian, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, United-kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Czech republic, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.
• All foreign citizens who wish to come to France must be able to present:
* a valid passport (at least 3 months after the date of the requested visa)
* a valid visa
* proof of the purpose of their stay (support and accommodation). In some cases, they need a visa to enter France.
A short stay (In Palace of Versailles for example) is a stay in the Schengen area under 90 days or multiple stays totalling less than 90 days in a period of six months.
A visa is waived for:
- Citizens of the following countries (and the list above for europeen citizen) :
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Holders of passports from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China.
A long stay is a stay in the Schengen area over 90 days or multiple stays totalling more than 90 days in.
- No need a long-stay visa to France for : Member States of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA) (list of EEA), Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.
- All other country need a Schengen visitor visa for France.
If you are entering in France as a tourist it will be very easy to get a visa.
• France Visa requirements, French visa fees and application in the Official website of the government. The France Visa is called Schengen Visa.
• Passport holders from eligible countries can apply for their visa in France consulate or embassy.
• Fill up the France Visa application forms :